Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's in a name?



Well, maybe not always.  Once I was watching an interview with Lady Gaga on 60 minutes who said that after she became Lady Gaga she felt a certain kind of creative freedom she didn’t feel under her real name - Stefani Germanotta.  That creative Freedom is what I felt when I started The Children’s War.


But then I changed the name to Alex’s Bookshelves and suddenly that creative freedom was gone and I felt like I was dealing with a stranger... What to do?  Return this blog to it’s original name but with a new look.

My apologies for any inconvenience or mix-up my flirtation with a new name caused and now, back to the business of reading and reviewing.

5 comments:

  1. Well, my opinion should not matter in the least to you, but I really like The Children's War. I've been interested in books about war since I was a kid, so I really like following you to get ideas on new books now that I have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Children's War name. It's strong and distinctive. Glad to see it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have gone back to what you feel the most comfortable with because honestly- it was what I kept thinking of as the blog name. So it works for me. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone. I guess I was more attached to the name than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just visiting; the name of your blog intrigued me so I had to check it out. I'm glad you reverted back to its old name of The Children's War. Good thing you are doing here reading and reviewing books on this subject for young readers!

    betty

    ReplyDelete