Monday, April 2, 2012

Bloggiesta Wrap Up - A Day Late and A Dollar Short

So Bloggiesta 2012 ended yesterday and when I go over my list of goals to see how I have done - well, not too bad, I think.
1- I made a favicon, and it show up once and disappeared again and who knows if it will ever show up again.
2- I did fix my grab button, which had one line of HTML too many.
3- I revisited my About My Blog page and did some work on that, but not my About Me information.
4- Cleaned up Google Reader, but did nothing with my RSS feed.
5- I did learn all about Pinterest, thanks to Joy at Joy’s Book Blog.
6- I really cleaned up my labels, thanks to the mini challenge hosted by Candace at BethFishReads
7- Thanks for the mini-challenge hosted by The Bluestocking Society, I did create a rating system, using the Kilroy was here picture instead of stars, which seemed appropriate given my blog’s focus.  But I am still waffling about using it.  Using a five-Kilroy scale, this is how a three star rating might appear: 
Maybe stars would be better.
8- Charlotte at Charlotte’s Library hosted a mini-challenge to create some pages, which I did, but I am still working on them.
9- I did nothing at all with my Facebook page, but thank you for hosting it Sockets and Lightbulbs.
And yes, I did make new friends and kept the old.
And again, thank you Suey at It’s All About Books and Danielle at There’s A Book for hosting this event and keep an eye out for the next installment of Bloggiesta on September 28, 29 and 30.


  1. Hi there Alex! You did accomplish a great deal in so short a time! :) Congratulations! It's always great to learn about these codes, tips, tricks, helpful buttons and such. :)

    1. Thanks, Myra, I actually have learned more tricks and tips since I started my blog, so I always look forward to Bloggiesta to learn more. Hope you weekend was useful too.

  2. I've been bating around the idea of joining Pinterest.
    What do you think?

    1. Pinterest can be very addicting, but fun. I try to be careful, but than I am always too cautious. Give it a try and see what you think. And let me know so I can follow. I think you would probably have lots of interesting pin boards.