Friday, March 30, 2012

Ole! Bloggiesta is Here!


I am so glad Bloggiesta has come round again.  I kept putting off some needed housekeeping tasks, telling myself I would do it during Bloggiesta.  Well, now it is here so here are my 2012 goals:
1- Add a Favicon This may or may not show up one of these days.
2- Fix my grab button
3- Revisit Polices and About Me page
4- Clean up Google Reader and RSS feed
5- Learn how to use Pinterest more effectively with a Mini-Challenge hosted by Joy’s Book Blog 
6- Clean up labels with a Mini-Challenge hosted by BethFishReads 
7- Set up a rating system with the how-to as part of the Mini-Challenge hosted by The Bluestocking Society 
8- Make some pages with a Mini-Challenge hosted by Charlotte’s Library
9- Fix up my Facebook page as part of a Mini-Challenge hosted by Sockets and Lightbulbs
And last but not least, remember to
    Make new friends,
    Keep the old,
    One is silver,
    The other is gold.
A big Thank You to all the kind people hosting the various new Bloggiesta Mini-Challenges, all of which you can find at It's All About Books 
and, of course, flashback Bloggiesta challenges can be found at There's a Book

11 comments:

  1. Alex! So nice to see a familiar face in Bloggiesta! We're also joining the party! Best of luck with your goals. We have pretty similar ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found so many great mini-challenges. If I don't get all of my goals completed this weekend, at least I have found some wonderful information that I can use in the future. I truly appreciate the work that people have put into this event!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry, last year I didn't get all my goals met, but worked on some afterwards and the information one all the past challenges is available on the internet, so you can always find it. But good luck and I hope you are having fun.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, a Girl Scouts reference. I believe you get bonus points for that. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can always used bonus point or maybe brownie points - LOL

      Delete
  4. That's a terrific and ambitious list. I love the make friends poem / policy -- always a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. I like the poem, too. It is an old Girl Scout poem. And thank you for hosting the Pinterest challenge, I have learned so much and still working on it.

      Delete
  5. I love your blog focus. I enjoy historical fiction as well! Looking forward to poking around your blog and finding some suggestions of books to read or add to my school collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is kind of a focus blog, but I hope you will find something that works for you or you school collection. Have fun looking around.

      Delete
  6. YAY for completing the Pinterest challenge! I love Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I love Pinterest, too, but it is so addicting.

    ReplyDelete